Alright people, because it’s MoFo and MoFo is about sharing… I’m sharing my super secret burger recipe with you! This a delicious burger that has never let me down; everyone I’ve served it to loves it. The outside gets nice and crispy, while the inside stays moist. It’s perfect on a toasted bun with the garlic aioli on top. Warning: you will have garlic breath afterwards!
Quinoa & Sun-dried Tomato Burgers
Makes 8 burgers.
- 1 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- 1/2 c cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge at least 1 hour before forming into patties.
- Form into 8 patties, about 3 inches across.
- Fry in oil on medium heat, approximately 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and firm.
- Serve on a toasted bun with garlic aioli (recipe below), lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 c vegan mayo
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.